|Juan Camilo Alcaraz Cartagena|
This year I will start creating a series of tutorials oriented to the creation of architectural and visualization projects. This time I will start showing the process needed to create a facade render from start to finish, so if you are interested in learning my workflow, don´t forget to subscribe to my channel and watch each new video of the series.
corona joins chaos group family
This new took all of the 3d artists by surprise, but being honest, the first thing that came to my mind was Kirbi ... why Kirbi ?, I am not sure, maybe because the Vray Logo is round and it resembled this cute and powerfull character. So, after thinking a little bit more I decided to spent a couple of hours of my weekend modeling a Kirbi and adding some Vray and Corona elements into the scene.
This project took me a couple of hours from start to finish. Note, I didn't use any texture on this image or composite, all was done inside 3ds max using uv maps and procedural textures.
3D Technical Artist, Architect and Unity3d developer.
3d scanned hands project
This project was done the past month, but just today I decided to upload some information about it. This project consisted on made a retopology of a scanned 3d model and then increase the quality and realism of it using some sculpting tools ( in this case I used Zbrush Core). The final product will be 3D printed.
The image of the left shows the scanned 3d file as it came from the 3D scanner and the righ image shows the first version after some retopology and 3d modeling improvements. ( The righ image still dont have the nails details and some other skin details).
The above images shows the final result that include more wrinkles and hands details and include a base to keep them in place when they will 3d printed.
3D technical artist, Architect and Untiy3d Developer
Energy Towers (3d printed project)
A couple of days ago I received a call asking me if I could 3D print a set of energy towers for a client. This was an small project, so I decided to accept it and test my Prusa 3d printer in a commercial project
The left 3d model is what the client sent me, the righ 3d model is how the model ended after some adjustments in 3ds max.
Each tower should measure around 8 cms of height, so the original design didn´t worked, so I made some test before achieve the right proportion and quality levels into my 3d printer..
These are a couple of fails before I fixed the 3d model ( increasing the base width and adjusting the printing parameters and layout).
Finally, after a lot of tests, waste of time and filament, I was able to print the eigh energy towers for the client.
I have learned a lot from this project, because it was my first commercial project, so I enjoyed a lot and I will keep it as a very interesting starting point for a quite new market for me as a 3d artist.
Visit the link to watch the 360 rendered whiskey glass.
After thinking a couple of weeks I have decided to purchase a Prusa 3d printer kit. It was quite fun the assembly and here is how it looks right now.
And here you can see a couple of things I have printed just for testing.
I has been working on a rapid prototype using Sculptris and after a couple of minutes, I was able to create something that looked good enough to moving fordward, so I have exported the mesh to 3dsmax to make a retopoly and then I have decided to move the lowpoly model and the highpoly one to Substance Painter to bake the normal maps and to create the textures. Finally I have decided to export the model to Sketchfab for realtime and also I make a couple of renders in 3ds max using Radeon ProRender.
Juan Camilo Alcaraz C.